Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Sleep? What's that?


Take a good look at that face. That cute face is what saves Stasa when it's 2:00 AM and she won't go back to sleep.

Last night we had a rough time putting Stasa to sleep. We finally got her down around 10:00 PM, but then she was back up around 2:30 AM. I fed her and rocked her to sleep, but as soon as I was comfortable in my own bed she started to cry. So I went back and rocked her to sleep again. This time after I put her down I waited 10 minutes in her room to make sure she was asleep. I went back to my room again only to have her wake up AGAIN. This went on and on until 4:30 AM when she FINALLY went back to sleep for good. Or so I thought. She was back up at 5:00 AM on the dot. I got up again and changed her and fed her only to have her be wide awake. She was still up when Tom left for work. After more diaper changes and feedings and LOTS and LOTS of walking around, she fell asleep around 7:00 AM and stayed asleep. This time I actually got to sleep, too. I was shocked when we woke up and I saw that we had slept a good 5 hours. Shocked and refreshed. After eating around noon, she fell back asleep, but woke up 5 minutes after I put her down. And so I wrapped her up in my Ultimate Baby Wrap and vacuumed and mopped the floors. She fell asleep again only to wake up AGAIN to eat. After that feeding I swaddled her, rocked her and put her in her swing. She stayed asleep until after Tom got home.

She's now snoozing in her crib after two attempts to put her to sleep tonight. Let's hope she takes pity on her poor haggard momma and sleeps through the night.

No comments: