Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde


Well, last night was another rough night. Stasa went down pretty easily, but was back up at midnight and every time I put her down her little eyes would pop open. We tried everything - changing her diaper, feeding her (multiple times), swaddling, rocking, singing, shushing - and nothing was working. So I finally just laid her down in our bed next to me since I was on the verge of passing out. I was just drifting off when I felt something wet on my nose. She was suckling my nose. Gross!

Since she was still wide awake and it was 2:30 AM, I took her downstairs so Tom could get some sleep. She finally gave up and fell asleep around 3:30 AM, but was back awake around 6:00 AM. After another feeding and lots of walking around she went back to sleep for a couple of hours.

I was meeting a work friend for lunch today and was dreading taking Stasa out. I figured she would be fussy since she didn't get much sleep. Boy, was I wrong. It's like a switch was flipped. As soon as we got in the car she was an angel. Just sat awake, cooing at the window. She fussed just a little bit when we got to the restaurant, but then happily sat in my lap while I ate. She was so good I even ventured out to Target. She was completely happy the whole time. Just kept smiling at me - which made our trip so much fun.

Stasa's now sleeping peacefully and will hopefully stay that way for a couple of hours. I'm hoping the angel Stasa stays around for bedtime.

No comments: