Friday, May 6, 2011

On Mother's Day

The past few years of Mother's Days have brought about mixed feelings for me. Most of you know that I lost my own mother to lung cancer and shortly after that I got pregnant with Stasa.

I'm sad that my mom never got to see me pregnant and share all of her stories of when she was pregnant with me. I'm sad that my mom has missed out on seeing me muddle my way through parenthood. I'm sad that my kids won't ever really "know" her.

But I'm also happy. And grateful. I have someone who's known me as a baby, as a kid, as a teen, and as an adult. She's watched me grow up and has loved me as if I were her own. She took me in when I was broken and helped build me back up. Without her I wouldn't be the wife or mother that I am. She loves my kids and I know they love her.

And all of those things I'm sad about? Yeah, I'm still sad and probably always will be, but I'm happy I have someone that I love and trust that shares all of those things with me and my family.

Happy Mother's Day to my other mom, Aunt Peggy! I love you.

1 comment:

pedro said...

Oh my......I am speechless.
Thank you - I'm in tears.