Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I was a gullible child, apparently Stasa is, too

When I was little, my uncle had my cousin and me pick up all of the sticks in the yard...and I happily went around picking up as many sticks as I could because he had convinced me it was a super fun game. I always laughed when someone would tell that story and thought man, I wasn't that bright.

Fast forward to Monday evening. It was nice out, but too late to take a trip to the playground, so we had some "play" time in the front yard. Tom had a bit of yard work to finish and we needed some way to keep Stasa entertained while he was busy digging up the front flower bed. Tom came up with the best idea.

We brought out a couple of buckets and had her pick up all of the leftover landscaping rocks...a job she took very seriously. Every time she filled the big Homer bucket Tom would take it to the back and empty it and she would run after him with her tiny orange bucket. She so wants to be just like daddy.

Putting rocks in the Homer bucket:


Digging up rocks with daddy:

No comments: