Tuesday, May 31, 2011

How long can a kid cry?

Let's start with how we spent the rest of our holiday weekend. Tom skipped the Ride of the Patriots/Rolling Thunder and did a late afternoon ride with the boys instead. While he was off doing manly things, Stasa and I enjoyed tea time. She served us a lovely tea with goldfish crackers, peanut butter crackers, cookies, and milk.

Of course she also ate most of the snacks before I could have some.

Yesterday we spent some time at the pool before lunch and naptime and then it was off to Papou's for a Memorial Day BBQ. Stasa was pretty busy at Papou's - she played with painted rocks, kicked the ball around, popped bubbles with daddy, and even went on a bug finding walk with Vicky Vick.

And while Stasa was off being a crazy person, Lexi just lounged and relaxed. 

Now, about the title of this post. On the ride home from Papou's Lexi cried. She screamed, she wailed, she gurgled. The.whole.way.home. I'm wondering how long she could possibly keep that up. An hour? Two hours? Wouldn't she eventually pass out? ::sigh:: I'm leaving in less than a week with both girls and driving to Chicago. I'm hoping she either stops acting that way in the car or that I can get her hooked on a pacifier. Wish me luck.

No comments: