Thursday, October 9, 2008

Doctor appointment update

I realized I hadn't given you the update from my last appointment. I went in on Tuesday afternoon and got to meet the last of the doctors at the practice - Dr. Wertheim. He's kind of monotone (think Ben Stein), but really nice. I've gained a total of 8 pounds and the baby's measuring right on track. My blood pressure is great and there has been no protein in my urine (which could be an early sign of preeclampsia). I forgot to ask what the heartrate was, but it sounded fast - this baby's always on the move so I don't think its heartrate ever drops. Next month will be my last monthly appointment, then I go to twice a month.

I have to go in for the 1 hour glucose test between October 17 and 24. They make you drink this really flat sugary drink and wait an hour then they test your blood sugar. If I fail that test, I have to go in for the 3 hour glucose test (ack!), but I'm confident I'll pass with flying colors.

The baby's kicks are getting stronger and stronger. I can see my belly move now when there's a really good one. The past couple of days Tom's gotten to feel the kicks, too, so I guess the baby decided to stop being a stinker towards its daddy.

More tomorrow with the weekly belly shot!

No comments: