Friday, October 17, 2008

26 Weeks

wOOt! wOOt! Almost to the third trimester! I just started having some crazy baby dreams this week. In one, the doctor told me the baby was measuring so big, I'd have to deliver it in December! Then, last night I dreamt that the baby pressed its foot out and my skin was translucent and we could actually see the whole foot. I'm not sure where this baby's hanging out, but it's doing a number on my ribs - or it's pushing something up there. All day yesterday it was kicking the crap out of my insides - practicing its kung fu fighting. Or maybe it's just practicing Offensive Lineman. Anyway, here's what the baby's been up to according to thenest.com.

Let your spouse put an ear to your belly -- he might be able to pick up baby's heartbeat (no stethoscope required). Inside the womb, the formation of tiny capillaries is giving baby a healthy pink glow. Baby's also soaking up your antibodies, getting the immune system ready for life outside the womb. Eyes are forming, and baby will soon perfect the blink -- perfect for batting those freshly grown lashes.
thenest.com

whattoexpect.com


Belly shots


2 comments:

stella said...

your belly is so amazing!!! i hope that when i visit in december i'll get to see a merkel foot poking out!

Merks said...

how weird is that going to be? sci fi!