Tuesday, October 21, 2008

1 hour glucose test

I'm back from my glucose test and it really wasn't bad at all. I had read that the drink they give you is like extra syrupy flat soda, but it was kind of tasty. I was told to drink the bottle in five minutes and then sit for an hour. They need more comfortable chairs for tests like this - if I fail this I have to take the 3 hour test. Ugh - sitting in those chairs for 3 hours would be awful.

The woman drawing my blood asked how far along I am. When I told her almost 27 weeks, she told me I'm huge. Then started telling me how painful childbirth is going to be. Gee, thanks, lady. Really gets me excited about delivery.

2 comments:

K said...

So she told you that you were huge and then started to tell you how awful childbirth is? Man oh man! Can't believe she hasn't learned not to mess with pregnant women by now. All it'd take is one good punch from an overly hormonal, achey woman to shut her up. :) On another note- you're definitely not huge, it looks like you're all belly and that, Kari, is adorable!

Merks said...

thanks, kelly! i think she was just a miserable person. didn't look like she really enjoyed taking blood all day. vampire.