Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Why I won't get a good night's sleep for many many years

I have the flu. In the past that has meant many days of sleep. Not so much this week. Actually not so much any week now that we have an infant. I used to be able to sleep through anything and everything. I used to be able to sleep until early afternoon. And when I was sick I used to be able to sleep whenever I wanted. That all changed the day I had Stasa.

Now the faintest of baby grunts wakes me up. Pitter patter of Stasa feet down the hall? Yep, I hear those before they hit my doorway. Pretty much any and all baby/kid noises wake me up now.

Sleeping when I want? Yeah, that's gone the way of the dodo. If I try to nap when Stasa's awake she gets overly concerned and upset and crawls on top of me to be sure I'm okay. Of course now when Stasa's napping, Lexi's awake and hungry. And my absolute favorite: falling asleep only to wake up because the cat has settled herself on my bladder.

No wonder parents walk around looking like zombies.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh my, Kari. You poor thing... this scares me! i hope you can get some rest soon. this is going to be my reality in a few short weeks... YIKES