Monday, August 4, 2008

Registry and other baby stuff

Thanks to Aunt Peggy, I finally got my act together and started our registry at Babies R Us. Good thing, too, since I have a lot of research left to do on different items before I add them. We spent Saturday doing fun girl things while the boys were in Ohio watching Art and Darrell get inducted into the Hall of Fame. We went to Buy Buy Baby and learned a lot about the different types of cribs. I decided to pass on the drop side cribs since they were pretty wobbly and really hard to work one handed. How are you supposed to get baby down quietly? We both really liked the solid cribs - much more sturdy. My favorite crib has clean lines and any side can be put against the wall, which would give us a lot of flexibility in the room. Of course we also learned there can be up to a 16 week wait after placing the order for the furniture. Yikes! At least we have a month to make a decision. I did make one important purchase - my snoogle! It makes sleeping that much better. I also started crocheting my first baby blanket. It'll be white cotton, trimmed in yellow. The yarn is so soft, I might have to keep the blanket for me. =]
Snoogle:

2 comments:

K said...

So this is not related to the current post (although that snoogle looks awesome even for those of that aren't pregnant) but I just noticed that the blog name is "merkelmaking." While I understand that this is a shortened version of "a merkel in the making" I can't ignore that "merkelmaking" may be a slightly x-rated reference to the practice of making a new merkel. Granted, I know where babies come from, but I don't generally like to picture you and Tom "merkelmaking."

Merks said...

haha - I think that's what I'll call it when I explain the birds and the bees to our kids.