Monday, August 11, 2008

16 Week Appointment

I went to my 16 week appointment today. Before I left, someone at work commented that I haven't gained enough weight and that the doctor might be mad at me. Well, I went in, peed in a cup, got weighed and had my blood pressure taken. I also waived the testing for Down's. We said that we'll take whatever God gives us, so the test wouldn't change anything for us. I've only gained 1 1/2 pounds in 4 weeks, but Dr. Gopal said that's great. She wants me to gain 2 more pounds in the next 4 weeks, which should be easy. She said to ignore everyone saying I need to gain more weight - they're just jealous. We listened to the heartbeat (the coolest sound ever!) and it was a healthy 155. Dr. Gopal predicts it will be a boy (no surprise with Tom's family history of all boys), but you can never tell by heartbeat alone. We could even hear the baby kicking and moving as we were listening to the heartbeat. Really, really cool. I set up the next 4 appointments through November and the big ultrasound appointment for August 27. I can't wait to see the little bugger on screen! I also have to sign up for breastfeeding and childbirthing classes for December - Tom's going to love those. I'll see a different doctor at my next appointment - time to rotate through them so we can become familiar with each other. Just hearing the heartbeat today put me in the best mood - I can't stop smiling!

No comments: