Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Another house

We saw another house in North Springfield tonight - off of Ravensworth. The location is great and the neighborhood looked nice...BUT...the house needs a LOT of work. We would have to gut the entire kitchen and strip down a lot of the walls. Plus one of the bathrooms was in the same room as the furnace and the closets were really strange. Weird. There are some pics of the place below. We're looking at places in Sterling this weekend. I know, it's far, but it's also affordable and we could get a place that's move in ready. Unless Jennifer has made enough money to buy all of her friends fabulous places in LA???

I'm applying for the flexwork program at work. I'm hoping to only work four 10 hour days a week and have the fifth day off. We're hoping this will help us save on childcare. I'm thinking we should start a childcare fund that people can donate money to. For now just send donations to our house (we accept all major credit cards). =]

I also think it would be fun to have a pool to guess the sex, weight and birthdate of the baby. Let me know what you think and I'll post some info about it, like our family history, my estimated due date, etc.
And you know what? Someone actually accused me of pushing my belly out to make it look bigger than it is. Yeah, I wish that were the case. Then I'd be able to still wear my old clothes. I must say I love LOVE love my Secret Fit Belly jeans. They are the most comfortable pants I've ever worn. I might even wear them for every Thanksgiving meal from now on - they're what my friend Geraldine calls "all you can eat" pants.

Front of the house and view of the living room/dining room:

One view of the kitchen and one of the weirdo closets:

2 comments:

stella said...

here's my guess for baby merkel:

Birthdate: Feb 2, 2009 (who wouldn't want to stay in Kari's belly an extra week?)
Weight: 9 pounds, 8 ounces
Length: 22 inches
Sex: Girl
Name: Stella

K said...

Here's my guess:

Birthdate: January 22nd, 2009
Weight: 7 lbs 6 oz.
Length: 19 inches
Sex: boy
Name: Thomas James