Friday, August 15, 2008

17 Weeks

Today we hit the 17 week mark - we're getting closer and closer to being 1/2 way there! I'm feeling pretty good, just tired at the end of the day and I'm still getting heartburn at the weirdest times. I'm convinced the baby is having a party in my uterus every night around 2 AM because I end up waking up with the need to pee. And now the cat's in cahoots with the baby - she's been waking me up around 4 AM every morning by sitting on my bladder. What a loving family.

I've been feeling these weird movements low in my belly late at night. I chalked it up to indigestion or my stomach just being strange, but when I saw my doctor on Monday she said they were flutters! And I could feel them when we heard the baby kicking on the sono. I'm actually feeling the baby moving! I can't wait until Tom can feel it, too.

Okay, here's what baby's up to according to thenest.com:
Baby's skeleton is hardening, changing from rubbery cartilage to bone, and fat is finally accumulating around it. The umbilical cord is getting thicker and stronger, and those little fingers and toes are now topped by one-of-a-kind prints.
And here's what baby could look like:
thenest.com:

whattoexpect.com:

And finally, this week's belly shot (I'm going to look great in a bathing suit this weekend):

No comments: