Sunday, June 26, 2011

What weekend?

I know it's cliche, but time flies. How the hell is my weekend already over? It's kind of hard to even remember everything we did. It was so muggy on Friday so after Tom's workout we drove over to the mall to let Stasa run around the play place. It was there that we learned that when another kid slaps her, she just stands there and takes it and then follows said kid around to play. Before we went to the mall, we played upstairs while Tom finished his workout. 

We had originally planned to get up early on Saturday so we could eat breakfast and be out of the door by 8:00 to check out this huge yard sale I saw advertised. Well, after having Lexi up and down throughout the night, I wasn't in any sort of mood to get out of bed super early. We managed to get everyone in the car by 10:00, which still seems early, but for yard sale-ing it's definitely on the late side. We ended up spending $16.50 and came away with a few sets of pjs, a Levi's dress, a couple pairs of jeans, a shirt and a sweatshirt for Stasa, some baking pans and other miscellaneous kitchen items, a play shopping cart and a child's rocking chair. Not bad for a Saturday morning. 

That evening we took advantage of the nice weather and went out for some bubble blowing and chalk drawing. Stasa's getting much better at blowing bubbles and at one point started chasing me around the yard with the huge bubble wand. 


This morning we woke up on the early side thanks to two little girls in our bed, but no bother because we like taking advantage of the weekend mornings. After getting Lexi down for her morning nap, Stasa and I took off for the pool. It was a gorgeous warm morning, but man, the water was C.O.L.D. I convinced Stasa that it would be fun to run in circles in the kiddie pool to warm up. Once we did that I didn't mind too much when she splashed me. Although every drop of water initially felt like ice. She thought my reaction was hilarious. We only stayed for an hour and then went back home for lunch and nap.

Tonight we headed over to my manager's house for a casual barbeque. She has one of those houses that looks like anyone else's from the curb, but once you step inside you realize it's just gorgeous. The kitchen is new and shiny, has a great open floorplan and a beautiful Viking range. The rest of the house (from what I could see) is just as nice. The kind of house where I go "oh, shit" when I walk in because I know I'll need to be on my game to keep Stasa from ruining anything. Luckily she was fairly well behaved, with a couple of mini tantrums thrown in because she couldn't get what she wanted. Now we're home and I'm desperately trying to stay awake so the weekend won't end. It's a losing battle.

No comments: