Friday, June 17, 2011

The Free Day

Both girls start at their new daycare on Monday, which is also the day I return to work. Quite a lot of transition for one day, don't you think? So today I took Stasa to her new "school" for a free day. She got really excited when we pulled up and she saw the playground and even more so when I told her she would be making new friends today and playing with new toys. I gave her new teacher all of the information they needed for the day (name, age, diapers or undies, allergies...), kissed Stasa goodbye and went to the infant room for a quick tour. The infant room and Stasa's room are right next to each other, separated by a wall with small windows. While I was talking to the infant room teacher I could see Stasa wandering around her room, crying hysterically, and mouthing "mommy?!" I felt terrible, but knew it would just get worse if I went back in her room, so I left through the other entrance.

She's only been there an hour, but I'm already itching to call and check on her. I'm planning on picking her up after nap around 2:30 or 3:00.

9:45 AM: Called to check on her and they said she's doing great, is eating her morning snack, stopped crying and looks happy.

Update:
I picked her up around 3:00, about the time they were waking up from nap. She was so happy to see me, she cried and ran straight into my arms. And then proceeded to talk a mile a minute about what she did today. She ate lunch (fish sticks, rice, veggies, peaches and milk), listened to a story, talked about different animals and played outside. I think she's going to love it.

Tom's decided to do the drop off with me on Monday since it's my first day back and last time I had a hard time leaving Stasa. It'll be nice to have him with me to force me out of the building and into my car. Wish me luck!

No comments: