Monday, June 27, 2011

Monday, Monday.

Huge progress this morning. Ha-uge. Stasa walked into daycare, happy as a clam. And stayed that way even as I was leaving. I've been trying to prepare her every night and morning and this morning we had quite the conversation about "skuuul."

Me: What do you do at school?
Stasa: Sleep all night and wake up.
Me: All you do is sleep?
Stasa: And pick boogies.

So. No crying. Happy Stasa. At school. Progress.

When I picked the girls up this afternoon, there was a sheet in Stasa's file alerting us that it's the start of the Splash Day season. Every Tuesday Stasa needs to come to daycare with her bathing suit, towel and sunscreen for her class's Splash Day. There was also a coloring of 2 dogs and a bunch of bones since they've been discussing animals and animal sounds.

We did a bit of playing while we waited for Tom to get home and finish his workout. Stasa was a busy bee and wanted to play with just about everything. She surprised me by cleaning up (without any prompting from me) between activities, singing "clean up, clean, everybody, everywhere!" She helped Lexi "play" with the jumperoo, prepared some delicious crabby patties for me, and helped build a robot and SpongeBob out of her Legos. Busy, busy bee.




The robot "we" built:


"What happen to robot, mommy?" Yeah, I'm not buying that innocent act. Not with that Cheshire grin.


Poor robot.


The best I could do with what we have.


What's that, you say? Isn't it obvious? It's SpongeBob. Duh.


And Lexi was busy snoozing away after all of that "jumping" and playing.


No comments: