Monday, February 9, 2009

First play date


Stasa and I had our first play date today at the Dulles Town Center. We met up with Amy and her 6 week old son, Henry, for coffee and a walk. It was a lot of fun - Stasa and Henry slept the whole time, but it was nice getting out of the house and meeting another mom. Plus I had my first caffeinated coffee since before I was pregnant. Stasa even wore a new outfit - her brown corduroys and pink onesie. The pacifier lasted long enough for the picture and then she spit it out.

I bought a couple of things for Stasa while we were out - a shirt that says Daddy's Honey Bunny and some abominable snowman booties - they're super cute - white and fluffy.

4 comments:

K said...

I thought there was a no pacifier rule in your house?? I can't wait to take Stasa shopping. Next weekend?

Merks said...

We tried the pacifier in desperation and she spits it out. She'll suck for a few seconds and then spits it out when she realizes that it's not producing milk. She's a smart baby.

K said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
K said...

She's a super smart baby. She must've heard you telling me that you wanted to not use them, and in your moment of desperation, Stasa reminded you why pacifiers are silly anyway. :)

Psst- Saturday the 21st- town center? I'm feeling the urge to buy pink ruffly things or polka dotty things for an adorable baby girl I met the other week.