Thursday, February 26, 2009

6 Weeks Old






Stasa's accomplishments at 6 weeks:

1. Starting to sleep through the night
2. Almost lifting her head 45 degrees during tummy time
3. Smiling at the wall, lights and windows
4. Soaking through at least 10 diapers a day
5. Graduating to size 1 diapers (she can still fit newborn, but I refuse to buy another pack and only use 1/2 of them)
6. Kicking off my hands to scoot on the floor

I'm most excited about her first accomplishment because it means I'm no longer a Zombie Mommy, which makes us both happy. Stasa's staying awake most of the day now. She takes a short morning nap and a longer afternoon nap each day and is down for the night by 10:00 PM (we start her bedtime routine at 8:30 PM and some nights it takes a bit longer to put her to sleep). We've been having a lot of fun lately and have been going on play dates and other outings. Today we went on our first walk to the Safeway and back. It wasn't very long, but it was nice to get some fresh air for a bit.

I go to my 6 week post partum appointment tomorrow and then Stasa has her 6 week appointment on March 3rd (two days before Cinco de Marcho).

3 comments:

K said...

I can really see you in the 3rd picture, Kari. :)

GrandPopMerk said...

I agree with Kelly! Plus it is the cutest picture of Stasa.

Merks said...

Uh oh - better not tell Tom! =]

As soon as we have a baby pic of Tom, I'll post both.