Friday, September 5, 2008

20 Weeks

Today marks the official halfway point of the pregnancy. Can you believe I'm already halfway there? I can't! But 20 weeks from now our little baby is due. Last night while I was laying down reading I felt 3 outside kicks! It was really really cool! Hopefully Tom will be able to feel one soon. My next appointment is on Monday, so I'll get to hear the baby's heartbeat again. Here's what's going on with baby this week.

Baby's digestive system is busy creating meconium (a tarry black substance made of swallowed amniotic fluid, digestive secretion and dead cells), which will fill the first diaper after birth. And, speaking of the diaper situation... baby's genitals are now fully formed!
And here are the weekly pictures.
whattoexpect.com

thenest.com

Belly shot
We're still in Chicago hanging out with Matt, Loula and the kids. I've been working form their house and hanging with my new buddy, Lucy. She's got a lot of energy and loves to roll and crawl around.

No comments: