Friday, February 22, 2013

Disney on Ice

I'm so happy I decided to get tickets to Disney on Ice back in December. We ended up only paying $55 per seat and I got to choose our seats which meant we ended up sitting in row 3 center ice. And of course my psychotic self decided to make the girls dresses to wear to the show. I originally wanted to find special Disney fabric for each girl's dress, but didn't really like any of the options at JoAnn's so I went with a big pink and white polka dotted cotton and embraced the Minnie Mouse theme. I cheated a bit by using a pre-made t-shirt for the top of the dresses, but also made my life a little more difficult than it needed to be by deciding to work with tulle AND stretch sequin for the first time. I think the dresses turned out pretty cute and the girls LOVED them and the special headbands I found to match.


Can you tell they're excited about going to see Mickey Mouse? Well, that and we told them we were going to take a train to get there. They looooooooove trains.


We ended up spending more money once we got to the show because you can't not get popcorn and cotton candy. And I got suckered into getting the girls these obnoxious spinning light things. The girls, of course, don't think they're obnoxious at all and still play with them around the house.



The show itself was awesome. And I'm kind of glad we saw Treasure Trove and not just the princess show, even though Stasa is princess obsessed. There were so many fun parts of the show - Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan, Aladdin, The Lion King...and they did have some princesses. We saw a short bit with Ariel and Snow White and then all of the princesses came out during the finale. Since we were so close to the ice we really got to see everything and the girls were entranced.


check out the "free" mouse ears we got with our cotton candy

Donald, Mickey, Minnie, and Goofy introduced the show and came out periodically between the stories.



Alice and the rabbit


And here comes the Queen of Hearts


Peter Pan - we loved the croc


The Lion King - I didn't get the best part on camera - Rafikki's blue butt (which Stasa declared to be her favorite part of the whole show)


Nala and Simba


Snow White!


Aladdin - look at Jasmine up there


And one more of my princess. She really loved every minute of the show.

No comments: