Monday, March 21, 2011

Still pregnant

Twelve more days until my due date!


This week I'm wrapping things up at work and am mostly doing short-term projects that I can finish in a day or two or stuff that someone else can easily pick up in my absence. I've also got just 1 last homework assignment and a final quiz left before my Chemistry class is over. Other than that everything's ready for the baby's arrival. Our hospital bag is packed (except for the few toiletries we'll need to take with us), the car seat is installed, the house is clean, the laundry is done, and the bills are paid. We even tackled our home office and cleaned that room up and finished filing our personal papers. 


We recently decided to go as paperless as possible and have scanned in just about every bill, medical record, and file that we could. We're only keeping hard copies of our tax documents, deeds, and anything else that could be needed in case of an audit or something. It's freed up so much space in our filing cabinet, which we in turn needed to use to store our work files since I've lost my office space and Tom will soon lose his this fall. 


Booz Allen has decided to convert most of our DC Metro offices into hoteling space. It basically means that if you're a certain level you won't have an assigned office. Instead we'll have to log in to a reservation system and choose a different office each day. Since the majority of our staff are on a client site 98% of the time it makes a lot of sense for them to not have permanent offices. For someone like me who's in the office 4 days a week, this is going to be a real pain in the ass. At least we can reserve up to 5 days in a row and we get to choose where we'd like to sit - so I could potentially end up sitting in a nicer office than the one I had. Or I could be stuck sitting with a recruiter who's on the phone all.day.long. We'll see how it goes. I'll still work from home every Friday (and possibly more days) and Tom will probably start working from home 2 days a week, which is why we had to get our home office in order now. 


So back to baby business. I have another doctor appointment this Wednesday and am hoping I'll have had some progress since last week especially since I've been having contractions off and on and have lost more of my mucous plug. Either way we'll definitely have a game plan mapped out by the end of the appointment. I can't wait to meet this baby!

No comments: