Tuesday, March 1, 2011

State of the Uterus

35 weeks, 3 days pregnant - just about a month left!


I went in for my now weekly appointment and everything's looking good. The baby's heartrate was a healthy 155 and of course it's as active as ever. I'm measuring right on track - weight gain and blood pressure are both good. They gave me my post partum instructions today and I also signed a consent for surgery (should I need it) and tissue removal. I have the option of getting cervical checks starting at 37 weeks, but it's up to me. I guess I'll see how I feel at that point (though it's less than 2 weeks away) because it can be somewhat frustrating to find out that you aren't dilated or effaced at all. And really it means nothing because you can be a fingertip dilated and then deliver the next day or be 3 cm dilated for weeks!


We're pretty much all ready at home, I just need to pack our hospital bag and Stasa's overnight bag, but I probably won't do that until next weekend. I do still have quite a bit to finish transitioning at work and I'll hopefully have that finished by the end of this week and then I'll just take on short-term projects until I go out on leave. 


Oh and I do have some weekly belly pictures to post and will try to do that tonight. Ever since I got my iPad I've been terrible about downloading pictures and posting them in a timely fashion. The iPad's made me super lazy. 

No comments: