Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Nights 3 & 4 of Ferberizing

So night 3 was pretty much the same as night 2. Out while nursing for the initial sleep time. Then up around 2:00AM for another feeding and she passed out while nursing then, too.

Last night was night 4 of Ferberizing and I was pretty pleased with the progress. She didn't fall asleep nursing at bedtime, so we put her down swaddled, dry, full and AWAKE. She didn't even cry the full 5 minutes and then she passed out. She woke up at 1:30AM still swaddled and hungry. She fell asleep nursing (thank God) and I crawled back in bed still half asleep. She was up AGAIN at 3:30AM completely unswaddled and on her tummy, face in the mattress. This is quickly becoming her new trick. Since she already ate, I scooped her up, reswaddled her and put her back down - as fast as I could. She squawked maybe twice. I had braced myself for the worst and was prepared to wake Tom to take care of her, but mercifully she passed out.

Even though last night was a success, I'm still exhausted. She's got to stop waking up for the middle of the night feedings. They are killing me.

No comments: