Saturday, May 9, 2009

Day 1 of Ferberizing

This weekend marks a first for us. We're Ferberizing Stasa. We should have started last night, but I was too exhausted to even get off of the couch. So, we started with today's morning nap. She woke up this morning around 8:00, played with Tom while I showered, then played some more on her playmat and jumperoo. I fed her and changed her and then brought her upstairs for her nap. She usually naps in the swing downstairs, so napping in her crib is a first, too.

I put her down unswaddled at first, but she was screaming bloody murder, so I picked her up and calmed her down. Then, I swaddled her tight in my makeshift muslin miracle blanket. I walked her around for a bit and then put her down in her crib. Of course she immediately started crying before I even left the room. I went and sat in our room to wait 5 minutes. She cried the whole time. And then stopped at the five minute mark, just when we were getting ready to go in and comfort her. As soon as we breathed a sigh of relief, she started whimpering and fussing. We went in quietly and peeked at her and she wasn't crying, just whining "eh, eh, eh." Before we left her room, she was passed out cold.

So, Ferber attempt #1 was a SUCCESS.

We're going to let her sleep for another hour and then get her up for a bath since she spit up all over herself. And then we're going out to McCormick and Schmick for a Mother's Day lunch. Yum!

Oh and Tom brought the Chevelle home today and we took some pictures of him in it. I'll post them later today. Here are some pictures I took yesterday afternoon.

Yawning kitty


Naked playtime!


Hanging out in her Bumbo in her new Ralph Lauren romper


No comments: