Thursday, December 18, 2008

Maternity Tour

We went on the tour of the hospital last night so we could see the Labor and Delivery floor and rooms. Fair Oaks has all private rooms (yay) and free WIFI. We saw two brand new babies being discharged as we were waiting in the lobby for the rest of the group. I couldn't wait to see the nursery and all of the little babies. It was just our luck that there was almost no one on the Labor and Delivery floor - a really quiet night. There was only 1 baby in the nursery, but he was so so cute and all swaddled up after his bath. I could have stayed there watching the little guy instead of finishing the tour.

The tour guide said we could have up to 4 people in the L&D room (not including Tom), so you guys better come and entertain me while I'm laboring. Don't worry - we'll kick you out when it's time to deliver the baby. I need to start packing my hospital bag - I keep saying that and forgetting to do it.

We also turned in our pre-admission paper work, so now we're good to go. We just have to show up to the hospital, show ID and insurance cards and get our bracelets. I really hope I go into labor during the FREE valet parking hours - 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM. How convenient would that be?

1 comment:

K said...

i think you should skip the valet and hire a limo to take you to the hospital. how cool would THAT be?