Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Thieves!

I got a call today from our bank's security company asking about some "unusual activity" on our account. Turns out the unusual activity were charges from all over the place - Stockholm, Brooklyn, South Carolina...and totaling over $700. I had to close the card and file a fraud report and a lost stolen report. I went through all of our charges for the past month with the bank (I check our account regularly) to find all of the fraudulent charges. They have no idea how this person(s) got my card information, but it must have been in person because these were all online charges and you would need the expiration date and security code for those. The charges started Sunday night. I only made 2 purchases all weekend, 1 at Lowe's and 1 at Chili's. I'm leaning toward blaming the waiter at Chili's. Unfortunately, I don't think they try to hard to find out who made the purchases, but if they do I'm going to be kicking some fraudulent butt.

What a pain.

No comments: