Friday, November 7, 2008

29 Weeks

I was reading cnn.com this week and one of their headlines said something about Obama only having 10 weeks until he's inaugurated. I thought, that can't be right, I'm due that same week. Well, crazy as it sounds, it's right - I only have 10 weeks left. The baby's been playing a fun game with my ribs. It'll slowly stretch out until its little bigfoot is lodged in my ribcage. I then spend the next 10 minutes massaging the foot down to a more comfortable position only to have the baby immediately jab its foot right back in my ribs. It's also started pushing its butt out a lot which feels and looks funny. Tom thinks it could be the baby's head, but I'm pretty sure it's all butt that's sticking out. I think the baby likes mooning everyone. So, here's what baby's been up to according to TheNest.com.
Baby’s energy is surging, thanks to the formation of white fat deposits beneath the skin. (Have those kicks and jabs to the ribs tipped you off yet?) Baby is also settling into sleep and waking cycles, though -- as you’ve also probably noticed -- they don’t necessarily coincide with your own. Also this month, all five senses are finally functional, and the brain and nervous system are going through major developments.


And now for the weekly pictures.
TheNest.com


Parents.com - a basketball, really?


Belly shots - there are a lot of them this week
From the front


And the side


What's happening to my belly button? I think it's going to pop in the next couple of weeks.


My view looking down


Dressed and ready to go

4 comments:

stella said...

dear baby merkel,

i love that you are already your mom and dad. when you get out we are going to get into so much trouble together!

love,
aunt jennifer

stella said...

hey baby -- i meant to write already "MOONING" your mom and dad.

Merks said...

true, but the baby doesn't trip when it moons people, unlike some unnamed nashorns.

K said...

i LOVE the pic of the view looking down. too cute.