Monday, November 10, 2008

Missing: Trashcan

Have you seen me?

Last seen: Friday, November 7, 2008, late afternoon

Yes, that's right. Some pathetic sole stole our trashcan. I called the company and they want $100 for a new trashcan because we didn't choose to pay for the trashcan protection fee. I really didn't think we'd need the protection fee, but apparently people do steal trashcans. How they get away with it in broad daylight is beyond me. I mean, wouldn't you think it funny if you saw someone dragging a big garbage can down the street? And it was only our garbage can that was taken - all of our neighbors have theirs.

Tom and I have a master plan. We're going to take a nice stroll around the neighborhood on trash night and look for our trashcan. How will we know it's ours you ask? We have our can's serial number (confirmed by the company). If we find it, we're taking it back, with the help of the police (I'm afraid of what someone might do if they see me "steal" their garbage can at night).

In the meantime, we're just going to use the cheap garbage can we bought for our yard work. We're also going to alert our HOA and the sherrif's office of the theft. You might think that's a bit much for a trashcan, but it's worth $100 so that's petty/petit larceny. And I figured they could use a good laugh.

No comments: