Friday, November 28, 2008

32 Weeks

Well Thanksgiving is over and even though we sent people home with tons of food, we still have a lot of leftovers. At least we won't have to cook for the next few days. Since I never cook any of the Thanksgiving dinner, I spent the day (and night) doing dishes and just cleaning up after the cooks (Tom and Peter). They went a little overboard on the amount of food and the number of dishes they (and others) prepared. We had fried turkey, rib roast, leg of lamb, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, 2 kinds of stuffing (though people really liked Mrs. Bishop's sausage stuffing), rice pilaf, corn spoon bread (one of my favorites!), Martha's beans, cranberry sauce, mushrooms, 2 kinds of salad, corn bread, regular bread - I think that's just about everything. We also had tabouleh, hummus, tzatziki, cocktail weinies and other bite size snacks for appetizers. Plus 6 pumpkin pies and 2 apple pies. We had food coming out of our ears! And we managed to fit everyone (all 16 of us) except the 2 kids at the same table (the kids ate at a small table in the same room). It didn't take too long to clean up after everyone left and now the house is back to normal.

We spent most of today relaxing, which I really needed after being on my feet most of yesterday. Since we're not hosting Christmas, I plan to spend that whole day on my butt. We did manage to get out of the house though. Tom's been saving for a while now and has had his eye on this PRS guitar, so we went out and finally got it. Then we went on our search for a bureau for the nursery. We drove out to Buy Buy Baby in Springfield and saw quite a few bureaus, but they were a bit too much for us. Tom couldn't believe the amount of baby stuff in the store - the same feeling I had when I first walked into the store. We finally found something at Target, so we'll put that together tonight or tomorrow.

My back is really starting to ache at the end of the day. The baby's been pretty active lately (especially right now since Tom's playing guitar). The websites say the baby should be sleeping 20-40 minutes at a time. It must get all of its sleep in while I'm asleep because it's usually pretty active during the day. I'm still getting charley horses in the middle of the night which are no fun at all. My feet have decided to join in on the fun by spasming randomly throughout the day. My belly button still hasn't popped - I'm starting to wonder if it'll just stay an innie for the rest of the pregnancy. I love playing with it - it's all soft and squishy now - kind of grosses Tom out. I also love watching the baby push its butt out of the side of my belly. If you push down on it, the baby will swing over to the other side. It's weird to feel and see the baby moving from side to side. Cool, but definitely weird.

Alright, enough babble - here are my weekly pictures.
Parents.com - A sack of potatoes!


WhatToExpect.com - This is definitely the position the baby's in - that butt is always sticking out around my belly button.


Morning after Thanksgiving belly


32 Weeks

No comments: