Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

I promise I haven't forgotten about this blog. My work's been a bit busy right now and by the time we get home and get the kids to bed, I'm ex-haust-ed. And I have some stuff I want to blog about, mostly to get out some frustration with toddlerhood and to get some advice or tips or tricks or drink recipes. But for now I'll focus on the current "holiday."

I had a fantastic Mother's Day weekend. Fantastic. I don't even remember what I did Friday night, but I got a solid night of sleep and Tom took Stasa to dance class on Saturday morning so I could relax with Lexi. And then Stasa had her absolute best day ever. I didn't want to say anything all day because I didn't want to jinx it because we've had some hard days with her (which will be another blog post). Since it was so so gorgeous out, we walked to the playground, played for a long while, and then walked home (and scored at a yard sale on the way - 27 pieces of clothing for $12!). After their nap we took them back outside to play in the baby pools. Lexi was not a fan of being splashed; she wants to be the splashER. Stasa had a blast and ran between the two pools the whole time. Stasa even went to the grocery store with Tom after dinner (and she ate it all, too) and then happily took a quick shower and passed out. I was in awe of how well behaved and how thoughtful she was all day. Such a sweetheart to us and to Lexi. We caught her being nice to Lexi (without us asking), like really nice and I called her over and told her what a nice big sister she was and told her I had a treat for her. She was thrilled and proud and kept saying "I'm a good sister. I'm nice."

Tom took care of the kids this morning so I could sleep in and sleep in I did. Until 9:00. I haven't slept that late for a long time. Usually sleeping in means 7ish. Once I had a chance to fully wake up, we got ready and left to pick up Tom's parents for brunch. Lexi was a bit of a diva, but did a 180 once she got some food in her belly. After brunch and nap we just spent the rest of the day relaxing and playing with the girls. Oh, and I was serenaded by my family band. Lexi was drumming, Tom was on guitar, and Stasa, being the diva she is, was the lead singer.



No comments: