Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Snore

Tonight we had a severe thunderstorm warning, though even now as I lay in bed there has yet to be any rain. But there was a little bit of lightning and thunder while I was putting Stasa to bed. She jumped up and asked what made that noise and I explained that it was the sky telling us that it was going to rain. Normally she's thrilled when it rains because rain means erring to wear rain boots and a rain coat and using an umbrella.

Well this time she was terrified and insisted that the noise was a "snore," this monster tht was going to get her. She made me "call" the doctor to tell him to get the "snore" and I had to give her a million and one kisses an even then she still came downstairs for more hugs and kisses. It wasn't even thundering anymore. We finally got her back into bed and Tom worked while I vegged on the couch.

After my show I climbed upstairs and went to check on the girls like I always do only Stasa wasn't in her room. I walked down the hall to our room and flipped the light switch. Lo and behold there she was. All tucked in on daddy's side. We didn't even hear her creep down the hall into our room and we never miss her getting out of bed. I guess she figured that the "snore" wouldn't get her in mommy and daddy's room. I get that logic. And I didn't have the heart to move her back to her bed since she needs some extra snuggle time.

 It's finally raining. I love Sleeping with the windows open during a quiet rainstorm. The rain muffles all other sounds and all I hear is rain drops. And this is a soft pitter patter rain and I feel like I could lay here forever listening to the rain and snuggling my "baby."

 Goodnight.

No comments: