Thursday, January 15, 2009

It's baby day!

I woke up this morning around 4:00 am to my water leaking. After walking around the house for an hour and a half I decided to wake up Tom to let him know. We got showered and packed up the car and took off for the hospital. I've been admitted and we're now settled in our own private room with WIFI and everything.

The doctor's going to let me labor on my own for a few more hours to see if my contractions increase. If they don't, I have to be put on pitocin, which will bring on strong painful contractions. I'm hoping my body does what it needs to so I can avoid that since I would like to avoid the epidural. We shall see. So, if you're in the area and you're family you better get your butt here and entertain us.

We'll keep everyone posted.

1 comment:

stella said...

first, let me say what a crazy world we live in that a woman IN LABOR is posting to her blog. second, i am so excited for baby merkel to make his or her appearance! i cant wait for your call!