Friday, April 19, 2013

38 Weeks Pregnant



How far along? 38 weeks and so ready to be done
Total weight gain/loss: I was up to 186 lbs last week and I'm guessing I'm probably up another pound or two this week.
Maternity clothes? Everyday
Stretch marks? None yet
Symptoms: I'm having tons and tons of Braxton Hicks contractions and what I think might be actual contractions, but nothing really timeable or regular and they usually taper off by the time I get my hopes up. And I've been losing my mucous plug in pieces for a couple of weeks. 
Sleep: I'm waking up at least twice each night from cramping and contractions and the need to empty my bladder. 
Best moment this week: Getting the work on the outside of our house started - it's going to look SO MUCH BETTER when it's done
Have you told family and friends: Yep!
Miss anything? I can't wait to eat a big meal of sushi
Movement: This baby is constantly moving and stretches out on my right side so often that I now have a sore spot there
Food cravings: Not many this week
Anything making you queasy or sick: None.
Have you started to show yet: Yep
Baby is a: surprise!
Belly Button in or out? In, but kind of gross looking and really soft and mushy feeling
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy and tired
Looking forward to: My weekly appointment later this morning and relaxing this weekend

UPDATE:
I went to my 38 week appointment today and was told that I'm 3 cm dilated (failed to get the effacement or station - oops). Baby's heart rate was a strong 139 BPM, up from the 160s last week. Always keeping us guessing. And I'm down 3 lbs from last week, but that's most likely due to me not being able to eat dinner. There's just no room and when I do eat I feel like I need to vomit or I get wicked wicked heartburn. Not worth it.

So now we wait. My bag's packed and I have a list of things I need to grab the day of, but we're mostly ready. I suppose we'll install the car seat base this weekend, just so that can be done and we don't have to do it in the hospital parking lot. I see a lot of mall walking in my future this weekend. Send baby dust our way!

No comments: