Friday, January 4, 2013

23 Weeks Pregnant



Another week down. The baby is getting more and more active and I'm pretty sure it prefers to lay transverse with it's head on my right side. I kind of can't wait for when my belly becomes misshapen by the big baby butt sticking out. Although I know I won't enjoy having the baby stick its feet up in my ribs.

My next appointment is later this month and it'll be business as usual: pee in a cup, blood pressure check, weight check, fundus height measurement, and heartbeat. The baby's heart rate has been in the 140s and 150s each time they've checked and the old wives tale says that a lower heart rate means it's a boy, but who knows. I have absolutely no feeling either way, which is kind of funny. I remember when I was pregnant with Stasa I would have dreams that we brought the baby home and still didn't know what we had because we never changed the diaper. It's like even my subconscious didn't have a gut feeling either way.

No comments: