Friday, January 13, 2012

More conversations with Stasa

First, I wanted to share some of my favorite Stasaisms:
Bernie = Ernie of Bert and Ernie fame
Krabby krabby = Krabby Patty from SpongeBob
Bob-Bob = SpongeBob Squarepants

********************************************************************************
Stasa: I want a cupcake!
Me: I want a million dollars.
Stasa: No million dollars. Just a cupcake. 
Me: But if we had a million dollars we could buy a million cupcakes.
Stasa: I don't want a million dollars and million cupcakes. I want a white cupcake.


********************************************************************************


Me: Stasa, what do you want to be when you grow up.
Stasa: Hmm, I want to be a princess!
Me: Well, you know, you could be anything. A doctor, a firefighter, a lawyer, a garbage collector, a mommy...
Stasa: No. I think I'll be a princess.
Me: Not a doctor or a mommy?
Stasa: A princess, mommy. I'll be a princess. Not a mommy.


********************************************************************************


Scene: 10:30 pm on a random weeknight, huge noise is heard from Stasa's room, Tom runs up to investigate.
Tom: Oh my God. OH. MY. GOD. Kari, come up here. Come up here RIGHT NOW.
Me (thinking what could she have possibly gotten in to?): What is it? Coming!

Note: I should preface this by explaining her room set-up. She's got a twin-sized captain's bed, with three rolling drawers under it. She's never messed with those drawers, mostly because she didn't even realize what they were so I've been storing some craft and party supplies in them...including a box of specialty party confetti. You see where this is going now?

I walk into an almost completely naked Stasa, sitting in the middle of her bed, covered and surrounded by party confetti. What. A. Mess. We have her sit on the floor so we can clean up. As Tom and I are cleaning, Little Miss Innocent decides to talk.
Stasa: Whatcha doin', Daddy?
Tom: I'm cleaning your mess.
Stasa: Oh, THANK YOU, Daddy. THANK YOU.


No comments: