Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Redefining luxury

**Sleeping in is a thing of the past. If we sleep past 7:00 am we consider ourselves lucky.
**If I jump in the shower before 6:00 am or after 8:00 pm, I'm able to enjoy a solo shower. Showering during nap time is like playing Russian roulette. Since both upstairs baths share a wall with Stasa's room (yeah yeah, *excellent* planning on my part), a nap time bathing may or may not wake her up. And you know her. Every bath is *her* bath.
**When we make it through an entire meal without either of us having to hold Lexi or listen to Stasa whining, it's like a fine dining experience.
**There are a few occasions when we're able to watch a non-Nickelodeon show without interruption. During the day. While the kids are awake.

***************************************************************
I started this list over the weekend, but then took a break because being able to work on my laptop without sticky fingers touching my screen is next to impossible. So now I've totally lost my train of thought up there. On to something else!

Stasa is all about tummy time these days. Yes, you read that right. Stasa, the almost-three-year-old is forever doing tummy time. With Lexi. With her baby. With her bear. And she tries to make us do tummy time, too. "Mommy, tummatime on the floor!"



I just realized how dirty her baby is...guess it's time for a bath!

Lexi is army crawling and rolling all over the place now and gets stuck in strange places. The other day I walked out of the room for a few seconds to grab something and when I came back, she was happily laying with her arm stuck under the TV stand. 

Pretty much everyone in our family loves our iPads. Stasa is so adept at using them and manages to find the most random videos on YouTube. And since she always watches videos under my YouTube account, my "favorites" list makes me look like a crazy person (which I admit, I am). I'm not sure which I shake my head at more, The Annoying Orange, Chocolate Rain, or Thomas Climbing the Slide.



No comments: