Tuesday, September 13, 2011

A peek into our night

6:30 PM
Dinner with both girls. Stasa eats part of a tortilla, some refried beans, a ton of shredded cheese, and half an apple. Lexi eats mushed banana. Well, really Lexi pretends to eat mushed banana, but really just coos and shrieks while nomming on the spoon.

7:15 PM
Bath with both girls. Lots of giggling and splashing and eating of toes. I'll let you figure out who was responsible for the toe eating.

7:30 PM
A clean Lexi gets dressed and fed before bedtime.

7:45 PM
Stasa finishes her bath and runs around naked with her towel trailing behind her like a superhero.

7:47 PM
Stasa manages to get into her undies, but then decides she HAS TO GO POTTY RIGHT NOW DADDY.

7:48 PM
Stasa decides she doesn't actually need to use the potty.

7:49 PM
"I WANT MOMMY!"

7:50 PM
Stasa finally gets in her pjs and gets in bed and Tom reads her bed time story of the week: Things That GO!, otherwise known as the "fruck book".

7:58 PM
I finish feeding Lexi and put her in bed and join Stasa and Tom for the end of story time.

8:02 PM
Story time is finishes and I'm directed to tuck in and give kisses to all of her friends.

8:03 PM - nearly midnight
Tom works out, I finish homework, and together we relax, chat, and watch too much TV. We realize it's close to midnight and that we should have gone to bed hours ago.

Midnight
Stasa wakes up crying. We go in to comfort her. As we're cuddling her and trying to calm her down, PFFFFFFFFFFFFFT she gasses us, laughs hysterically, and then says goodnight.

12:10 AM
Juuuuuuuuuuust start to fall asleep.

12:12 AM
Lexi wakes up screeching hysterically.

12:17 AM
I feed Lexi and put her back to sleep.

12:18 AM
Juuuuuuuuuuuuust start to fall asleep. Again.

12:20 AM
Stasa pads down the hall and into our room. We send Stasa back to her room.

12:21 AM - 1:20 AM
I lay in bed awake, unable to get comfortable.

3:15 AM
Lexi wakes up screaming. I squint at the clock and realize we've actually slept a couple of hours. Tom goes in to put her pacifier back in and comfort her, but she just gets more ticked off. After her crying for what feels like forever, but is actually only 5 minutes, I go in and feed her because we're all exhausted and don't want Stasa waking up again.

3:38 AM
I put Lexi in bed and sigh with relief because she's back asleep. Just as I'm getting comfortable in bed, she wakes up crying. Then Stasa walks in. Again.

3:45 AM
Stasa's finally back in her own room and we've turned the monitor off and Tom goes in Lexi's room to calm her down. Again. And Again.

4:30 AM
Monitor is still off and Lexi's still crying. She's fed and dry and mad. We finally give up and shut her door and our door and finally fall asleep.

5:00 AM
My alarm goes off. And I hit snooze thinking I'll get up in a minute.

5:30 AM
My alarm has been snoozed a couple of more times and now Tom's alarm is going off.

6:20 AM
We both finally get up and out of bed. Then it's a rush to get showered and dressed so we can get the kids up and ready. I realize I need to be out of the house by 7:15 to make it to Stasa's dentist appointment on time.

7:27 AM
We all leave the house.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love this!!!!! We can def relate