Friday, July 8, 2011

The "I do it" is going to be the death of me


I don't think I can count how many times each day I hear "I do it" or "Stasa do it" or my personal favorite, "I DO'S IT!" Anyone that knows Stasa knows she's Miss Independent, so her wanting to do everything herself should come as no surprise. And yet each morning I get frustrated because she insists on selecting her own outfit mostly because it's such a laborious process. First she touches all of her shirts, selects a few as finalists, chooses a winner, and then moves on to the shorts and skirts. After deliberating for what feels like forever, but is actually more like 5 minutes, she usually decides to chuck it all in favor of her current favorite dress: this green summer dress with random bunnies on it that we got for $0.25 at a yard sale. This morning I hid the bunny dress because I want daycare to know that she has more than just 1 outfit so she was forced to select something new and (after touching literally every dress she has) settled on her I <3 NY t-shirt dress.

The "I do it" is not limited to just her attire. It's heard during virtually every activity, including teeth brushing, table setting, car seat buckling, vacuuming...you get the picture. I suppose I should be grateful that she wants to help, but it can be so frustrating for everyone involved when she's not actually able to do the task herself. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Haha yes!!! We hear "I do it SELF!" constantly. So I tell him, "ok self, let's see you do it." thankfully he is indifferent to his clothes