Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The House That Plague Built

Ah, illness, how I hate thee. Why can't we all just shake the sick out of our house? Yesterday Lexi woke up with a low grade fever (which went away after a does of Tylenol), but she has to be fever free for 24 hours to go to daycare, so she stayed home with me for the day. She was fine this morning though and off she went to daycare. Stas, on the other hand, woke up with a fever. BUT OF COURSE SHE DID. Why would we have a day without a sick kid? It's like some sort of sick joke (probably a trick played on us by that giant monster spider from last night). ::sigh:: Well, it was a low fever, 99, just bordering on 100. She got a dose of Motrin, the fever went away, and she was back to her crazy normal self.

Well, I, too, woke up sicker than I was the day before. I can not seem to rid myself of this cough and it got much worse overnight so I dragged myself (and Stasa) to the doctor to see if I was dying (okay, that's a bit of an exaggeration). Turns out I have mucous in my lungs, but 10 days of antibiotics should clear everything up. On the way back home I picked up McDonald's for us for lunch, but Stasa wasn't interested in eating at all and then she fell asleep in Tom's arms. It was only 11:30. I had already made an appointment for her since her fever returned the day after we finished the Augmentin. I woke her up for her appointment and she was burning up - red cheeks and shivering. Her temp was 104.1. Off we went to the doctors. Her strep test and urine sample came back negative, and the next step was getting a chest x-ray. Weeeeeee! More films. Thankfully they put asked for the reading right away so there wasn't a ton of waiting around to do. Welp, she's still got pneumonia and is now taking a much stronger antibiotic (thanks to Jules for explaining all that) and has another follow-up appointment on Friday.

So, can we be done now? I think we've had enough illness for the year. Please and thank you.

No comments: