Thursday, July 15, 2010

Dinner with the Erxlebens

I really wanted to go to IKEA on Saturday to get a new lounge chair for the playroom since we returned Topher's Pottery Barn Kids chair back to Emily. I searched all over the place and finally decided to get her a baby Poang since she loves the adult ones that we have.

POÄNG Children's armchair natural Width: 18 1/2

Since we're about equi-distant from a couple of IKEAs, I decided to see if Lauren and Audrey wanted to meet us at the one in College Park, which they did. 

Of course, I can't go to IKEA and just get one thing, well, I can, but only if Tom is with me, hurrying me out of the store. After we found the chair, we decided to browse the children's toy section and wouldn't you know Stasa picked out a stuffed animal for herself, so I let her keep it, even though I wished it was a slightly less creepy stuffed animal. I also got a hammer toy and a giant stuffed alligator in a nightshirt that was eating it's baby.
FABLER KROKODIL Soft toy green Length: 67
MULA Toy hammering block multicolor Length: 9 1/2
Oh and her creepy animal? Yeah, a stuffed rat, who I now call Rat Baby or Rattie. She grabbed the one in grey.
GOSIG RÅTTA Soft toy assorted colors Length: 9

And she lovingly held Rat Baby and patted its back the whole time we were in IKEA. While we were shopping, Dan called Lauren to let us know that Tom was going to drive up so we could all go out to dinner together. Our mens aren't the best of planners. Lauren and Dan live an hour away from us. Tom could have just driven with me to begin with, but no, he and Dan decided the minute Lauren and I left our houses that getting together was a fabulous idea, which it was. Just not the most efficient way to meet up. 

We went out to Carrabas for dinner and the girls were really well behaved the whole time even though it was getting pretty late. And Tom and I decided to hang out for a bit afterwards, which turned into a pretty late night for everyone. I wish we had planned ahead and brought overnight bags with us - driving home at 11:00 PM when you're an hour away is looooooong. But the girls had a blast and were definitely punch drunk. They ran around for hours, climbing up on the couch and then chasing the dog and then running into the office where the dads were. Lauren and I could not stop laughing at our two lunatics. And it made me really excited for our weekend at the lake in August. 

No comments: