Monday, January 18, 2010

1 Year Old

I took Stasa to the doctor for her 1 year well baby check-up. Before we get into the details, here are her 1 year stats:

Weight: 23 lbs, 12 oz (90th percentile)
Height: 30" (75th percentile)

I think her head was 17.5", but I could be wrong because I forgot to ask for the specific measurement. She got 2 shots today; the Chickenpox vaccine and the MMR. We have to watch her for a fever over 101.5, slight body rash and redness at the injection sites. The doctor also suggested we start Stasa on an over-the-counter vitamin D, Poly-si-vol. And Stasa now has stranger awareness. She definitely got scared when the nurses and the doctor came in and started touching her. The stranger awareness only seemed to apply to the doctor and nurses because as soon as we were in the waiting room, she walked right up to a table of little boys to play with them.

The doctor asked a lot of questions, including:
What words does she say?
Does she wave bye-bye?
How old is your house?
Does she crawl? Walk?
Does she self-feed?
Is she on a sippy?
Does she drink whole milk? How much a day?
Does she have her 1 year molars?

I came prepared to listen not only the words she says (mama, dada, baby and yeah), but all of the ones she recognizes (ball, pillow, kitty, kiss, hug, no...), but they didn't ask for that. I feel like there should be a 5 minute brag session at each appointment. The next well baby check-up is at 15 months old, but we'll need to go back before that for her booster flu shot.

2 comments:

aunt jennifer said...

Looks like I WON for my guesses. Stasa better get ready to PAY UP. I accept Visa, Mastercard, Paypal, and slobbery goldfish crumble kisses.

Merks said...

LOL

My friend, Anne, guessed 23 lbs 10 oz and 30". Almost spot on.