Wednesday, September 2, 2015

First day of first grade

005_FDOS diptych

Well, the day has already come and gone. Stasa started first grade this week and came home after her first day happy to tell us all about her new teacher and room. She was also thrilled to wear her new uniform, though we'll see how long that excitement lasts. I will say that I'm looking forward to no arguments over what she can and can't wear.

I think first grade is going to be another huge transition year for Stasa. Kindergarten was a transition, but at least she still had naps and a couple of recesses every day. This year though, it's a lot more. No naps (though she hasn't taken one since mid-way through Kindergarten) and only one recess. This year she'll also have homework - not a ton, but homework nonetheless. I'm confident that Stasa will excel this year as she does every year. She's a happy and caring little girl and craves knowledge - she literally soaks up everything. As we worked on her summer math workbook we saw how logical she is when solving problems. I will say that I definitely need to work on my patience when helping with homework. Here's to a great year!

008_diptych

No comments: