Monday, August 26, 2013

Keep on rollin'

We hit another milestone with the little man this weekend. I was chatting with friends and absentmindedly playing with Tommy on the floor and saw him reaching over farther than he had before and then BAM he was on his belly looking up. I put him back on his back and within a couple of minutes he had rolled over again. Determined little dude.

Now, I love watching the kids grow and hit all of the milestones they should, but this particular milestone has always come at a price for us at bedtime. Back is best, they say. Well, yes, it is and when your baby is used to only sleeping on their back and end up rolling over in the middle of the night (over and over and over again) they wake up pretty ticked off. So last night was a bit of a bust. Tommy kept rolling over and each time he did, he'd get so angry it would take quite awhile to soothe him back to sleep. Then at some point he was just mad for no reason at all or at least nothing I did calmed him down. Needless to say I'm on my second large cup of coffee for the morning and in search of a caffeine IV. 

For now here's Tommallama rolling over last night and again this morning. 


No comments: