Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thanksgiving weekend and holiday picture outtakes

Our Thanksgiving was nice. We went to Tom's parents' house for the day and I didn't have to do a thing beyond play with the kids and take a nap. Tough life, right? I was hell bent on getting Lexi to take a nap and she just doesn't do well at other people's houses, so I put on classical music on my phone and rocked her until I thought my arms were going to fall off. At least it worked, although I'm not sure how much longer I can get away with that.




The girls didn't eat much of their Thanksgiving dinner, which isn't that surprising since they hardly ever eat a lot now-a-days. Lexi did eat all of her broccoli, some of her potatoes, and a ton of cranberry sauce ("MY PINK!", she kept calling it).

The day after Thanksgiving I attempted round two of Christmas card photos. The girls were less than cooperative, but after much bribing I finally ended up with a handful of shots I wanted to use. Here are some of the outtakes.

We had just started and already she was over it:


I would love to know who taught her this "smile"



And just when I got one of them to smile the other decided they were done:



God forbid your sister decide to lean in to cuddle:


Like I said, at least I ended up with a handful of shots. Still worth it, but now I'm thinking it's going to be next to impossible to get any of the cute sibling pictures I want once the new baby is here. I am looking forward to a subject that can't run away from the camera. Moving on...

Saturday we went over to Aunt Peggy's house to visit with everyone. The girls had way too much fun playing in the leaves in their yard. I'd forgotten just how many leaves they get before winter and how exhausting it is raking them up. Again and again and again.




It was worth it though to see how happy they were to run through them and jump in them. After awhile we got cold, so we came inside for hot chocolate, popcorn, and foot warming by the fire.


The girls are lucky to have so many family members nearby and get so excited when they get to see them. The holiday weekend was doubly special since they got to see almost everyone and were a little bit spoiled by both YiaYia and Mimi.

No comments: