Thursday, September 13, 2012

Surprise, surprise. I got crafty.

Before our drive out to Chicago, I made a list of things to keep the girls entertained in the car. I was THISCLOSE to making a quiet book for each girl, but after pinning a million and one ideas and only have a week left before our trip, I scraped that idea and came up with another one: magnetic face board.

I'm sure I'm not the first one to come up with this, but I figured it was something I could make in a couple of days and that it wouldn't cost all that much. In fact, all I needed was magnetic paper from Michael's and a cheap small dry erase board from Target. Then I just googled some funny eyes, noses, and mouths and got to work. 

I sketched each piece out with a pencil until I was happy with the shape, outlined it with colored Sharpies, then filled each piece in with crayons. Then cut each piece out.

After I finished making all of the eyes, noses, and mouths, I drew an oval on the dry erase board for the face. Then packed everything up for our trip. Stasa was excited about her new toy and enjoyed making different faces on the drive.

No comments: