Friday, July 13, 2012

Yeah, I'm getting waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay ahead of myself

We didn't move Stasa to her big girl room until she was nearly two years old, so why am I already planning out Lexi's? (NO I'M NOT PREGNANT NOR ARE WE TRYING THANKYOUVERYMUCH.) 


We picked up a couple of neat framed pieces of Vince's painter's palettes and I loved the idea of decorating the room around the colors in them. They're full of color and look so fun! We'll eventually move Lexi into our smaller guest room with the bunk beds. Right now we have crisp white quilts on the beds and I love them because I really love clean white bed linens, but I don't think they're practical for a toddler. So now I'm browsing the internets for handmade colorful quilts. I found a couple on eBay and put bids on them, but man handmade quilts (at least the nice looking ones) are expensive! I don't want anything too matchy matchy, just as long as they have similar coloring, like these:



A small part of me is wondering if we should chance it and put both girls in the same room with the bunk beds as twins. This way we'd still have two guest rooms (and two closets for storage), but then I remember Stasa is a serious bedtime rebel and that might not be the best idea when transitioning Lexi. What to do. What to do. It's not necessary that the girls share a room, especially since we have five bedrooms, but then again, kids share rooms all of the time, right? Well, at the very least it's something to think about and maybe we'll talk to Stasa about it. Either way we'll also need to get a bureau for Lexi since all of her current stuff will stay in the nursery. 

Now I'm off to start pinning stuff on Pinterest since it's going to take me forever to figure everything out and then get it all together.

No comments: