Wednesday, March 7, 2012

It's coming to end

So my nursing relationship with Lexi is coming to a close. I hope to have her fully weaned by her birthday, mostly for my own selfish reasons. While I love the bonding time breast feeding has given us, I'm ready to have my body back and I most certainly won't miss the many many pumping sessions I had everyday: early early morning, throughout the day, and again before bed. I'm going to love the freedom I'll have and will be able to leave the house without having to worry about missing a feeding or pumping whe I'm out and about. I guess most of all I'll be happy to pack that pump up. Well, maybe two things because I also won't miss having to control Lexi when she decides it's time to perform acrobatic moves while nursing or chooses to beat me while I'm held captive.

What I will miss are the quiet minutes I have alone with Lexi each morning and night. Feeling her little hand reach up and pat my face. Being the one that always has a sure fire way to soothe and satiate her. And it's such a satisfying feeling to know that your body nourished this little thing for so long. Oh! And I'll also definitely miss the extra Weight Watchers points I get for breastfeeding. ::sigh:: That's going to be a tough one.

So while I'd like to have her fully weaned by her birthday (which is fast approaching), I think what I'll really do is wean her from daytime feedings and let her decide when to drop the early morning and bedtime feedings.

No comments: