Sunday, October 2, 2011

Yo Gabba Gabba Live Show

I ordered tickets ages ago for the only night the Yo Gabba Gabba Live Show would be in town. I hyped it up all week and then it was The Day. Gabba Day. I picked up Stasa after Lexi's doctor appointment and off we went to the Patriot Center. I planned ahead and packed her Foofa costume, but once we got there I realized she was literally the only one in costume. ::shrugs:: She refused to take it off and loved being dressed as Foofa.


We got to the Patriot Center early and she didn't quite understand why we couldn't open the doors and kept knocking to get the attention of the workers inside. They came over, pointed, and smiled, but refused to open the doors until 6:02 pm.


Once we were in, we browsed the merchandise and I bought her a little Toodee doll, a strobe light necklace, and some cotton candy to share. Since we were about an hour early, she sat (mostly) patiently, watching Yo Gabba Gabba on my phone.


She definitely wasn't interested in taking pictures with me.


The theme song finally started and DJ Lance Rock appeared on the big screen....and we went from happy and excited:


to terrified and sobbing within a matter of minutes. I think it was the fact that the lights went out and DJ Lance Rock burst through the screen onto the stage - the volume (it was LOUD) didn't seem to bother her. She quickly moved to my lap and cried "Go hooooome! See daddy at home! Need daddy! I go home now!" The little girls next to us were there with their daddy and I think that's what sparked Stasa's decision. I texted Tom to see what he thought we should do and we decided to try to calm her down and see if she wanted to stay. She finally calmed down, but refused to move from my lap and then all of a sudden it was intermission. The lights came on and she was perfectly happy again. I decided to take advantage of this attitude change and took her down to get some ice cream before the show started again.


The second half of the show started with the lights dimmed, but still on and I think that helped because she was fine - still on my lap - but singing along and pointing out all of the characters.


At some point she realized that if she waved her strobe light fast enough, she would be able to see all of the colors it was flashing individually. That was one of her favorite things to do...and one of the first things she showed Tom when we got home.

Now, for a few quick videos from the show.


Biz Markie (I wish I thought to record when he first came on stage and also wish I captured Stas mimicking his beats).


Stasa taking it all in (oops - was zoomed way in from filming the stage and forgot to change it before filming Stas):


Dancey dance time!

No comments: