Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The cute things

I've been having a rough time lately and feeling like a bit of a failure as a parent. It's probably just a combination of exhaustion and pregnancy hormones, but I lost all of my patience with Stasa this weekend. The straw that broke mama's back was her throwing my cell phone in the tub full of bathwater. And of course I get upset and mad at her and then get mad at myself for being mad at her. It's an awful cycle of guilt. So yesterday I took a mental health day and slept most of the afternoon. 


I feel much better today and am focusing on the cute things Stasa does. Because as trying as she can be, she's such a good kid most of the time. And a funny one, too.


The cute things:
1. Playing and running around at the mall Play Place and pausing to hug the little "babies" teetering next to her
2. Laying in bed after storytime and giving us Eskimo kisses
3. Laying all of her stuffed animals on their backs in the play room for nap time and telling us to "shhh!"
4. "Helping" me put laundry in the washer and dryer and dragging the clean basket out to the living room
5. Cooking her play food and serving us breakfast in bed on Saturday morning 
6. Dressing up with Daddy in a tutu, heels, hat, and purse
7. Feeding Baby Merks her play food through my belly button
8. Pulling all of the diaper wipes out to clean her Woof Woof after nap time
9. Walking her baby doll in the play stroller at the mall
10. Laughing hysterically when Tom farts and exclaiming "It's FUNNY!"

No comments: