Thursday, November 18, 2010

Making Christmas gifts

We've decided to get Stasa one big gift for Christmas and have all of the smaller gifts be part of that, so she'll be getting a play kitchen as her big gift and food, pots, pans, and other kitchenware as the smaller ones. I think I'm pretty set on getting this kitchen for her. I love that it's wood and a little shorter and it's just so cute.





We bought a few things of plastic food from the $1 section at Target and I'm busy making a bunch of felt food now. So far I've finished a lime, a kiwi, an orange & slices, carrots, potatoes, and an onion. I'm using these patterns that my friend sent me and they're fairly easy to follow. I've modified a couple to make the vegetables a bit larger, but for the most part I'm using the patterns as is.
FUN FRUIT - PDF Felt Food Pattern (Apple and Orange Slices and Peels, Lemon, Lime, Kiwi, Grapefruit, Pear)


VEGETABLES - PDF Felt Food Pattern (Corn on the Cob, Onion, Carrot, Tomato, Avocado, Potato)


PANCAKE BREAKFAST - PDF Felt Food Pattern (Pancakes, Maple Syrup, Bacon, Egg, Strawberries, Orange Juice, Cup)


I'm also going to make her a couple of toddler-sized aprons and maybe some tiny dishtowels. I think she's going to love playing house in her new kitchen and am so excited for Christmas now!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Kari this is so cute!